Are you a highly skilled specialist doctor seeking to relocate to Dubai, or elsewhere in the United Arab Emirates?
A CV that showcases your skills and experience, relevant to the position you are applying for, is essential if you want to secure an interview.
The medical sector in the UAE requires specialist doctors who are self-motivated and flexible. Western-trained doctors, especially those with advanced fellowships post-specialisation are sought after to bring new skills and techniques to the region.
If you have teaching experience this is also beneficial.
Follow these CV tips to get noticed by potential employers:
- Use a short summary on the first page of your CV to highlight your skills and experience that align with the job description and person specification for the position you are applying for.
- Include your CCT, general medical council and specialist registrations, as well as any professional memberships and affiliations.
- If you have obtained your registration (proving your eligibility to work in the UAE) or medical licence if you are already working in the country, then don’t forget to include details.
- Mention if you speak additional languages apart from English. Arabic, being the local language, is especially appreciated, but also European or Indian languages, Mandarin or Russian.
- Highlight your training, clinical experience and research related to your speciality.
- Give brief details of relevant audits and quality improvement plans you have been engaged with.
- Mention if your clinical outcomes have been evaluated or certified by an independent agency.
- List any peer-reviewed publications, books, book chapters, and presentations you have given at conferences.
- If you have started a new service in previous posts, be sure to mention this.
- Highlight any teaching or management experience.
- List any prizes, awards or accolades you have received, related to your speciality.
- Mention any medical voluntary work, such as with NGOs or charities.
The UAE’s dynamic healthcare sector offers highly skilled and motivated doctors the chance to:
- Be part of a growing and innovative medical sector
- Increase your savings – with a tax-free salary!
- Enjoy a vibrant international culture
- Live in one of the safest countries in the world
- Enjoy security with the Golden Visa
- Discover a convenient, and family-friendly lifestyle
Interested? Find out more about Allocation Assist’s Recruitment Platform: